The Best of Proctor's West:
An In-Depth Study of Eleven of Proctor's Bronzes
The online database complements and expands upon the publication by providing thorough documentation on each of the eleven Proctor bronzes discussed. Visitors to the website can access foundry and casting information, listings of known castings' locations, provenance records, and some metallurgic analyses. The site is dynamic and will undergo systematic updates as more information becomes available and new images are found.
Searching the Database
- Click on an individual bronze for a discussion of that bronze by Peter H. Hassrick
- Click on VIEW CASTINGS for list of available bronzes
- Click on VIEW FULL CASTING RECORD for detailed information and additional images
- Click on A.P. PROCTOR BRONZES at the top of the page to return to the home page
- Brief overview of the The Alexander Phimister Proctor Project
- Artist's Timeline
- Discussion of the XRF process and analyses when available
This site and its contents have been made possible through generous donations of individuals, agencies, and institutions.
Site design by: Seth Johnson, IT Technician, Buffalo Bill Center of the West
Feedback, Questions, or Comments
Help us to continue to expand and improve the A.P. Proctor website. Use the form below to send us feedback. We look forward to hearing from you.